Strama-MPS – on the winning track since seventy years!

Strama-MPS represents quality, continuity and reliability in mechanical and plant engineering: YESTERDAY, TODAY and TOMORROW

Seven decades ago the company’s founder, Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Michaelis, laid the cornerstone for today’s Strama-MPS Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG at Straubing in 1946.

The engine repair and overhaul company started out as a one-man operation quickly evolved to become a contract manufacturer supplying major long-established companies such as BMW, Bosch and ZF Passau with ready-to-install assemblies.

The creation of an own team for design, engineering and project management has opened up the door for Strama-MPS to become the solution provider in custom machine engineering & plant engineering.


Since then the company has evolved into a company group with approximately 1,000 employees worldwide, and our upper limit is still far from being reached!

Today, Strama-MPS, together with its subsidiaries, is the complete solution provider for custom machine engineering, who has acquired an eminent position as technological leader in the automotive industry and automotive supply industry.


1946

Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Michaelis established the A. Michaelis Schleif- & Bohrwerk Motoren-Instandsetzungs-Betrieb as a one-man operation in the Regensburger Straße in Straubing

1950

The one-man operation is increased to 20 employees

1954

Moving into the workshop to Schulgasse in Straubing

350 sq.m are available to approx. 25 employees

1958

Business activities expanded to jigs & fixtures manufacturing

1959

Construction of two production halls with 1,200 sq.m of floor space

Relocation of the division jigs & fixtures manufacturing to Heerstraße in Straubing

1963

Construction of an own apprentice training center

The company has grown to 120 employees in the meantime and utilizes 2,000 sq.m of total floor space

1970

Separation of the two companies Schleif- und Bohrwerk Michaelis GmbH (engine repair and overhaul company) as well as Strama Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG (precision jigs & fixtures manufacturing)

1973

Relocation of the company to Johannes-Kepler-Straße in Straubing

1981

Moving to Ittlinger Straße 195, Industriegebiet Ost

Already 187 employees work for the company. The site has 16,000 sq.m with over 6,500 sq.m of production space

1984

Senator Hans Hermann Rösner-Mautby becomes personally liable partner of Strama Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG.

1986

Opening of the assembly shop with 1,800 sq.m of floor space

1993

Foundation of MPS Montage- und Prüfsysteme GmbH Straubing

1994

Renaming of Schleif- und Bohrwerk to Motoren-Instandsetzung-Service A. Michaelis GmbH & Co. KG (engine repair service)

1997

Majority interests transferred to the Rösner-Mautby GmbH & Co. Holding KG

Mr. Peter Rösner took responsibility of the company’s shares in Strama Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG

The engine repair service A. Michaelis GmbH & Co. KG in the Zwickauer Str. 7 was sold to Mr. Andreas Achatz

2000

Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Michaelis left the company

New corporate structure: 80 % ownership interest held by the Rösner-Mautby GmbH & Co. Holding KG, 10 % by Mr. Werner Schmidbauer (Director of Production and Services), 5 % by Mr. Helmut Petzko (Managing Director) and 5 % by Mr. Herbert Wittl (Managing Director)

2001

Strama-MPS Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG is established through merger of Strama Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG with MPS Montage- und Prüfsysteme GmbH

Construction of an assembly shop with 600 sq.m of floor space

2003

Construction of another assembly shop with 900 sq.m of floor space

In the meantime, 280 employees work for Strama-MPS

2004

Foundation of the subsidiary Strama-MPS U.S. Inc. in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA

2005

Ownership interest of 51.41 % in the Croatian manufacturing company Nexus d.o.o.

2007

Renting “Plant II” in der Dresdner Straße 7 with 1,300 sq.m of assembly space

2008

Renting “Plant III” with 300 sq.m of office space for the software department

Renting “Plant IV” in the Ittlinger Straße 234 with 700 sq.m of storage space

Construction of another production hall (warehouse) with 700 sq.m of floor space

In the meantime, the company has grown to 350 employees and achieves a turnover of more than 50 million EUR

2009

Acquisition of the AuE Kassel GmbH as a 100% subsidiary

2011

Foundation of the subsidiary Strama-MPS Machinery Taicang Ltd. in China with an assembly/production space of 2,300 sq.m

2013

Construction of the new "Plant Danube" in Straubing

2015

Foundation of the subsidiary Nexus BH d.o.o., Orasje, Bosnia

Acquisition of an ownership interest (70%) in Strama-Summit Machinery Pvt. Ltd., Nashik, India

Acquisition of an ownership interest (99%) in Strama-MPS Maquinaria México S. de R.L. de C.V., Puebla, Mexico    


Back to overview